What are cookies?
Cookies are small files placed onto your computer or mobile device by certain websites that you visit or e-mails that you open. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Where you consent to cookies on our Platforms we aim to give you a personalised and more streamlined online experience.
First and third-party cookies can be ‘persistent’ or ‘session’ cookies depending on their duration.
- Persistent Cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in those cookies and are activated each time that user visits the platform that created the cookies, until the cookies expire or are disabled by the user.
- Session Cookies allow the actions of a user to be linked during a single browsing session. A session starts when a user opens a browser window and ends when the browser window is closed, following which all session cookies are deleted.
Our Platforms use both persistent and session cookies.
Cookies we use
We keep a record of all the cookies we use on our Platforms and some of the other similar technologies, such as web beacons and tracking pixels. We update this regularly.
These cookies are essential to making our website work correctly and to function as intended, and are necessary for the provision of the Service to you. For example, these cookies allow us to:
- Provide services that you have asked for, such as access to secure logins and our transactional pages
- Balance or limit traffic to section of our website to maintain consistent and reliable performance for all users
- These cookies are necessary for the provision of the Service to you and we do not require your consent for use of these particular cookies. If you do not want us to collect such information, you must cease using our website immediately. By continuing to use our website, you accept that these necessary cookies are vital for provision of such services and will be placed on your browser as normal.
These cookies make navigating our website easier for you, enhance your browsing experience, and allow for enhanced functionalities. For example, these cookies allow us to:
- Keep track of your Construction Database Account details when you’ve logged in
- Remember your country and language preferences, and present content that is relevant to those preferences
- Remember any settings that you may have applied
- Provide enhanced functionalities such as videos or live chat
- Although important to us, these cookies are non-essential to the use of the website. However, without these cookies, certain functionalities may become unavailable.
PERFORMANCE & ANALYTICS
These cookies help us understand how users access, navigate and perform transactions on our website so that we can provide a better browsing experience and improve on our services. For example, these cookies allow us to:
- Obtain information about the number of unique users, where they are located, and what browsers they are using
- Better understand the users of our website, in order to gain insights on our content and product offerings
- Test different design ideas for particular pages on our website
- Measure any errors that occur in order to improve on our website performance
- Conduct research and gather feedback on user satisfaction through surveys
These cookies allow us to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests, including relevant marketing and up-to-date offers, on our website and certain other websites. For example, these cookies allow us and third parties to:
- Display relevant messages for products and offers you may be interested in, based on your viewing behaviour on our website and certain other websites
- Display appropriate advertising from third parties on our website
- Measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Limit the number of times you see targeted advertising
We may use these Cookies to remember websites you have visited, and we may share this information with third parties, including advertisers and our agencies.
Online behavioural advertising
Online behavioural advertising is also known as interest-based advertising. It’s a way of serving advertisements that are more relevant to your interests on websites visited by you. Shared interests are grouped together based on your previous web browsing activity. This allows us to display advertising that is relevant and useful to you. Advertising can also be delivered to you based on the website content you’ve just been viewing. This is called retargeting.
We collect certain types of information about you for such purposes including: IP address or other unique identifiers, mobile carrier, time zone setting, operating system and platform, information about your customer journey on the website or mobile application, page views, linger times, clicks and interactions.
Opting out does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer serve you advertising that’s tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns. You may instead see more advertising that isn’t as relevant to your preferences.